Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"What are we doing today?"

Every night Carson asks, "Mom, what's tomorrow?" I say, "Monday." Then he replies with a VERY interested, "What do we do on Monday's (or whatever day it is in the week.)" Well, One morning we woke up and Carson asked, "Mom, what are we doing today?" My house was a DISASTER, so I said, "Nothing until this house gets cleaned up!"
About 5 minutes later Carson is walking around with the broom, pushing the dirt and crumbs all over making an even bigger mess. I told him to put the broom away. That's when Dorian piped in and said, "Melissa, he's cleaning up so we can go and do something." Silly guy! I just had to get a picture.



8 comments:

Becky N. said...

Boy, you're lucky he even tries! If I say something similar, I always get grumpy huffs and puffs, and nothing is even attempted by the children. Nope, mommy is their personal slave and must clean everything herself!

Rob and Juliann said...

That's SO AWESOME! My kids would just go, HUH oh well, and go make a bigger mess in the room I wasn't cleaning. What a handsome little helper you have.

Kritta22 said...

LOL what a cutie putie!

Any news yet?

Natalie said...

What a great helper! So, what did you end up doing that day after cleaning the house, or did it take twice as long to clean up AFTER the big helper that you didn't get a chance to do anything else?! I hope to see you at Playgroup tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I love it when we find our little ones showing us how much they can do if we realize it and let them. Becky was just showing us that her children could clean dishes if she took the time to teach them. and if you start early enough and make it fun they don't mind. we just have to be willing to be work and adjust to things to their level. good for Dorian being in tune.

Jo said...

What are you nuts?? Don't tell the kid to stop! ha ha

The Taylor's said...

I love it when they try to help, although I am guilty of often telling them to stop helping because they are making it harder for me. I wish that I could not do that so that they will continue to want to help!

Tara and Dan said...

That has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!