Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ward Christmas Party





So we had our ward Christmas Party the day after our Annual Ducker Christmas Party. Dorian opened that day and was due to be home around 4:30 or 5:00. Well, he didn't end up getting home until about 8:00pm. So the boys ventured out on our own and had soup and salad for dinner and then some desserts after that. It almost seems easier to take care of them when I'm by myself at these types of functions, rather than with Dorian there. Only because you're not relying on the other person for help.
After eating there was a Christmas Program which JD felt the need to clap after every song and say "YEA!!!"
Then we were off to wait in line for Santa! James still didn't want anything to do with him, but Carson never forgets to tell santa his name and how he wants a bouncy ball for christmas! I can REALLY APPRECIATE this request. A little bouncy ball. That's easy enough. Other kids were asking for 4-wheelers and all sorts of expensive gifts! I wouldn't mind if he kept his requests small like this forever, but one can only wish right?
Here are some pictures from the party. Dorian was able to show up to wait in line for Santa with us. What a good husband, because that was the most stressful part of the night!
ps. I know I'm wearing the same shirt! It was new and it made me feel festive!!! :o)

3 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you were going solo with the kids for awhile... that same thing happenend to me. Getting the food for all three of us with a belly in the way was very difficult. Scott was in charge of standing in line w/ the kids waiting for Santa too, when he got there. I was glad that wasn't me. YOu look so cute in those pictures!

Becky N. said...

You're brave to go to ward functions with no backup! I would die, lol! Although that might have a little to do with being pregnant, too, I guess. Jesse was a good little husband and chased our over-hyper kids for me all night at our ward party.

Melinda couldn't WAIT to see Santa. Suggled right up on his lap, and almost pulled his beard off by accident, even! But she told him exactly what I expected her to - that she wants a Choo Choo train for Christmas! Lucky for her we have been planning on that answer, and bought her and Jacob a nice bundle of Train Set stuff at Ikea a few weeks ago. That will be their big gift this year, and I *know* they will both love it!

Jacob could NOT stop jabbering about "Santa Claus! Where Santa? Oohhhh, see, Santa Claus!!" the whole 10-15 minutes we waited in line (I made Jacob sit on my shoulders, otherwise there's no way I would have survived that line!). He was *so excited* to see Santa. But of course, as soon as we actually got close, he was too shy to get anywhere near him! I barely got him to sit on his lap, and when Santa handed him a candy cane, he promptly chucked it onto the floor. Funny little guy!

Anyway, you do look very festive and cute in that shirt! I just threw on some random clean shirt that would fit my belly, for our party ;) I always wish I had something festive to wear to ward parties, when I see everyone else dressed up!

April said...

MELISSA! you really need to update your blog... where the heck are you! heehee!! Hope things are going well!