Saturday, February 14, 2009

THE FREMONT TROLL

I was so bad on this vacation and hardly broke out the camera. I had every intention to get a TON of pictures of the kids with grannies and papas and grandmas and grandpas, but it just never happened. From me enjoying myself too much to being sick as a dog (bladder infection) the camera only came out twice. So hopefully next time we'll capture more fun than this time, but until then....here's what we got.
Just before Christmas we showed Carson pictures of the Troll under the Fremont Bridge. He was thrilled that there was a troll under a bridge in Seattle that we could go and see. So off we went to visit Seattle and one of his first requests was to visit the troll. We went on Tuesday, and on the way there we talked all about the troll. We made him sound real, and told the boys that you had to whisper or he would eat you. BIG MISTAKE. We got out of the car to take some pictures, and Carson was really and truly scared. He stayed just long enough for 2 pictures (he had to be held) and was back off to the truck for safety. James wasn't done, so we went back for some more pics. Although he enjoyed himself, he was still a bit tentative. Not quite sure what to think, and was a little afraid of being eaten.
It was a fun day with our Papa. Thanks for coming along and driving us!


James making a mad dash out of there, and Carson had to be held for safety!


Family with the troll


Dorian picking the trolls nose


Dad and James


Mom and James

6 comments:

Lisa and Rustin said...

cute!! how fun!

Natalie said...

OK, I have to admit that I'd be a little scared too if I was their age and saw that troll!

I LOVE the picture with Dorian picking the troll's nose. Classic.

Becky N. said...

What a fun thing to go and see! I'm so glad you took pictures of that, at least!

I'm sorry to hear about your bladder infection. I've only had one of those, but they SUCK!!!! I hope you're feeling better by now.

Kritta22 said...

In all the years I lived in Seattle, I've never been there!! I'm sorry you were sick. Hope you feel better.

I'm scared of that troll but only because of all the people around it! :)

Amber said...

Those are fun pictures. That troll scares me so I can't imagine how your kids felt! ha ha

Jo said...

It takes a lot to scare that kid!