Friday, April 10, 2009

VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED!!!!!!


Well, as most of you know James and Carson got ear infections a week ago. We've been taking the medication, and they seem to be feeling a LOT better. Carson had his ear infection make an appearance last Wednesday night, so I took him in on Thursday to the Doctor's office. YEP! Ear infection it was. While we were there I had them take a peek into JD's ears. Well, she couldn't see all the way into one of the ears, because it was so jam packed with ear wax (story of his life). I said, "okay, no big deal. He's not complaining anyway, I thought I would just have you check."
Low and Behold....that night James starts SCREAMING about his ear. Dorian and I got out of bed about a total of 6 times. Let's just say it was a long night and I KNEW he had an ear infection. AND, it happened to be the ear she couldn't see all of the way into.
To the doctor we went. We were there for about 1 1/2 hours. Through this entire appointment James was crying and was not a happy camper, but I wasn't about to leave the office with out the diagnosis of an ear infection. I WAS NOT about to have another night like the one previous. We tried flushing the wax out, scraping the wax out, we ended up soaking the wax in hydrogen peroxide and water for about 5 minutes. This seemed to do the trick. The wax finally came out! (with the help of a scraper tool.) Let's just say....HOLY COW!! That was inside his ear??? See for yourself, but I warn you.....this has got to be the grossest blog I will EVER post!!!



13 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe that was in his ear! No wonder he was in pain. I've never seen such a wax build up poor guy

Erin S said...

WOW! Poor kid. That is alot of gunk to have in your ear!

Natalie said...

Whoa. Manly.

As gross as that is, you have to admit, it makes a great blog post! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey this is Ezra Hallam, I served with Dorian in Santa Lucia. Cute family! What is new in your life? (new being a relative term since I haven't talked to you in 10 years) Drop me an email. ezrahallam@mchsi.com

Becky N. said...

Ha! I don't even think it's gross at all. What does THAT tell you? Actually, I remember pulling a big ol' hunk of wax out of Jacob's ear a year or so ago, and taking a picture of it. Maybe I'll have to dig it up sometime and compare notes with you. ;) He seems to have largely grown out of his too-much-earwax-thing, though. So maybe there's hope for James. ;) Hope you're all feeling nice and better by now!

Kritta22 said...

WOW!! Poor guy!

It kinda looks like a raisin though....just a thought! :)

Grandmama said...

What did James think about it? I agree...that is huge. Did the doctor think it was unusual or bormal for some kids? Any suggestions on keeping it down in the future?

Darin and Melinda said...

Hi Melissa,
I have loved reading your post's on my blog, but wasn't able to get on yours until today (it wouldn't let me see your site...?). Anyway, we are loving having the little guy home! I love being a mom (all 48 hours of it). I hope your pregnancy is going well! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow? So, did he have an ear infection, or was it just the ear wax that was giving him a hard time! That is really gross. Sorry you had to go through that!

Dan and Anne said...

That is soooo crazy! I can't believe that all of that was in his ears... it almost looks like a big chunk of dirt mixed with earwax. I'm probably a bad mom but I clean Beckett's ears out with q-tips. I don't stick it into the ear canal but I get the opening where all the wax is and the weird part is that Beckett really likes it! he stops squirming and everything! Just a few weeks left for you! So excited! You may have to wait on any baby blankets... we just accepted a job in Connecticut and we have tons to do before we move next friday!

Kahana said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thats alot of wax from his ear!! I hope he is feeling better!

Tyler and Leslie said...

THat is so crazy! I really feel like going to see if there is any wax I can get out of Easton's ears...lol.

Tara and Dan said...

Spencer just had an ear infection and they had to use that scraper tool thingy, too! I couldn't believe all that wax could be packed in there!! I kept expecting them to pull out a sink or something, too.