Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My little boy is growing up!

I woke Carson up this morning at 7am. He was not happy about being woken up because he said he was having a really good dream, and it wasn't over yet! We ate breakfast, got dressed, brushed teeth did his hair and then waited....

...waited for the bus that would take my little Carson into a whole new world. I hope he does well, and remembers everything I've taught him up until now. I hope he doesn't get picked on and that he never gets lost. BUT, these are all *wishes* I have that probably won't come true. One time or another something will happen. This is when I try not to think about the small things. It makes me cry. Good luck Carson! I hope you do well in school. I'll be here waiting for you EVERYDAY!!!!

Waiting to head out for the bus


My handsome little guy


Getting on the bus



His little eyes peering over the window and his tiny little hand waving good bye. He doesn't look too sure about the whole thing. This picture melts my heart, and I wished for a moment I could hop on the bus with him.

We were on vacation in Washington during back to school night and we missed his official first day of school (8/20/09). So James, Tessa and I had the pleasure of taking all of his supplies there. I let him ride the bus, so that he would be familiar with it before he was put on it to head back home. Carson was already in his classroom at his desk doing a puzzle. School was about 5 minutes from starting so I snapped a couple of pictures and said goodbye again. We can't wait for him to get home and hear all about his first day of school!






*yes that is a black eye! He fell of a swing flat on his face the day we left Seattle. Good war wounds Carson!

14 comments:

Brittany said...

Awwww! Your post made me a little teary! The first day is always the hardest...for the MOM! He's a sweet boy and is going to do great in school. He's not afraid to stand up for himself! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Lisa and Rustin said...

oh my gosh!!!! he's so handsome!!!

Unknown said...

So many moms sending their little ones off to school for the first time! It seems like it would be hard. He sure is a cute kid! He's going to be the one all the little girls have a crush on. :)

Kimmie said...

He is so cute and so big! Good job Melissa!

Joni said...

Awww...sweet memories. I'm sorry he went to his first day of school with a black eye. I well remember his dad's first day of school. He was so eager to get to class but I wasn't quite as eager to let him go. No crying on his part, just excited! When Dorian was in 1st grade he took apart my radio and made a fan for show and tell. You have a lot to look forward to. Carson is as bright as his dad was. Give him a big kiss from Granny.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that he is already off to school! It is just like Melinda and Kate! I remember all of them being born! It is so sad to me but must be horrible for all of you mothers of kindergardeners!

Cam and Chelle said...

What a stud! I bet he had a great first day!!

Becky N. said...

Look at you, taking so many sweet pictures! Carson is absolutely dwarfed in that backpack! Hilarious! And awww, you got to see him in his class AND get a picture of it? Lucky lucky girl.

Grandmama said...

very nice blog. loved the pics and story. that was a huge black eye! he looked like he was going to do just fine.

Jo said...

I can't believe he's big enough for school! He's so stinkin' cute. I'm sure he's going to do great, that little guy is fearless!

The Perkes Family said...

Rex has his first day of school next week. I know I am going to feel the same way. When everyone told me your kids grow up so fast...they were right!

Whittney and Ryan said...

ohh Carson looks too cute with his big backpack all ready for his first day of school! hope it went well, for the both of you!

The Miles Family said...

Oh Melissa, what an emotional day for you! Are you sure he's old enough to go to school? That's crazy! He is such a hansome little boy. I'm sure he's doing great.

Natalie said...

What a great post about your first born's first day of school! The bus picture melted me as well (but he had totally rockin' hair, awesome clothes, and one rad black eye to let his peeps know he means business).