Monday, August 31, 2009

Swim Lessons ~ July 20th-31st

This was a while ago, but I'm just trying to catch up. The boys were in swim lessons every day for two weeks. They really loved it. After the first day, Carson came up to me and said, "Mom!! We get to come back again tomorrow!" I guess I didn't explain that it would be for more than one day. :o)
James was a bit hesitant to go the first day, but THANKFULLY the teacher scooped him up went in the water, and I quickly ran away. He was fine 2 minutes later. They were the bravest in their class but that came with negatives too. Because they weren't afraid of going under water, that's ALL they did. They would swim around and get into some trouble because they wouldn't stay on the steps and wait their turn. One day Carson was put in time out with the lifeguard. He made sure to tell me that the lifeguard wasn't scary and that timeout wasn't that bad. (Dang it! He's supposed to get scared so he'll behave!)

Anyway, here are some scary pictures of it all. Some are with Dorian's phone and some with my camera on, and since I couldn't use the flash, it turned out like crap!

Carson is standing in front of his teacher, Ashleen. James is bending over trying to grab the floaty right in front of Carson

James is bending over and hidden in this pictures and Carson is in the red, white and blue shorts.

Carson and James are the 2 kids farthest to the right!

Carson floating on his back

James floating on his back

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait for Clayton to do swimming lessons! I think that he will have lots of fun!

Natalie said...

Good times! Sometimes Seth will still wake up and say, "Swimming lessons today, Mama?"

That's awesome they got to do it together! It'll be fun when Seth and Eliza are in the same class (but they'll probably be hoodlums as well...hmmm)

Cam and Chelle said...

Nice! Cute pics!

KT said...

I need to do swimming lessons next summer instead of sports I think.

Rogers said...

Kate was really excited to see them doing back floats. She said, "Hey, I can to those, too!!!"