Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two Sundays Ago & Warm River

Two Sundays ago we went for a family drive and a picnic. We got home from church and packed our stuff. Then we headed up to Warm River and ate our food, and then went for a hike. Right as we started out hike I saw a baby snake on the trail. This didn't make Dorian too happy since he's AMAZINGLY afraid of snakes. Luckily we didn't see any more...or the mama! It was a lot of fun and I always love doing things as a family. It seems that with Dorian's crazy work schedule, and mine thrown in there we don't have many days to go and do things. Hopefully there will be many more adventures to come!



JD throwing rocks in the river


The boys


Mom and James


Watching the river


James


Carson


"Cheese"

8 comments:

Rogers said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Very peaceful. I just want to lay in that grass and sleep.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how often I check into these blogs. And I get surprised at the strangest times. Here it is almost 7pm and both Becky and Melissa have added a new story. I love it. Your little hike looked very nice, and your boys are soooo cute.

The Duckers said...

jacy,

you actually wouldn't want to lay in the grass. after I was sitting in it trying to get a great shot of James, I all of a sudden saw MANY, MANY little black spiders crawling EVERYWHERE! Soooo gross!

Rogers said...

You're right!! I'll just stick to my backyard.

Becky N. said...

Ew ew ew, spiders?? Yuck!!

Looks like a lovely outing, and the boys are so cute, too! It's a shame your family's work schedules mean you can't do as many things as you'd like to, but I bet you appreciate the outings you do get that much more, huh?

I have to laugh at Dorian's fear of snakes. Reminds me of a girl at Jesse's work who is insanely afraid of snakes. She'll cry, literally!, in fear from seeing a picture of a snake. I hope Dorian's not nearly as afraid as that!

The Duckers said...

When we first met, he could BARELY watch it on the TV. It come so far. We can actually watch documentaries about them now.
If anybody ever chased him with a snake, he would throw rocks at them, literally and would probably never speak to them again. :o)

Lisa and Rustin said...

Poor Dorian!
Looks like y'all had fun!

The Perkes Family said...

It's great to have little family outings like that. Your boys are so cute.