Friday, August 8, 2008

Dorian turned 30!!!!!

First off sorry for the plethora of pictures. I just couldn't decide which ones to put up. So, I put almost ALL of them on here. Dorian had his birthday on August 3rd, and yep, you read it: THE BIRTHDAY BOY TURNED THE BIG 3-0!!! I tried to have a surprise party, but since he caught on to the whole charade, AND only 4 of his friends showed up (a lot of them were out of town, or had to work) it wasn't much of a surprise. Oh well! I had a back up surprise. I framed a picture that he thought was just the greatest ever!! Only problem: it was pricey, and it won't be put up anywhere where the public can see it. Maybe one of the boys rooms will get it until he gets an office! :o)
We had fun, and yes he blew out all 30 candles, and I got a healthy dose of smoke sent down into my lungs. The night was fun, it was just a bummer that he was so sick.
Happy birthday Dorian!!! We love you!



an itunes gift card and another book to read from Rocky and Andrea


unwrapping the present


Dorian was so excited (check out the face and the fist in the air)


telling the boys all the different flies


Taking a better look at it


Wii fit. What else is there to say. He's so serious about it. haha


And.....he's......off!


My little singer


...and drummer


Melissa and Andrea


Eating Watermelon


Carson was running away from me so I couldn't get his picture. This is what I ended up with


Carson's foot in Spencer's mouth!


The band.


As my boys would say, "Rock it out, Tyler!"


Here's the video of Dorian blowing out the candles and my choking on smoke:

14 comments:

Kritta22 said...

We love all the pictures!! Happy Birthday, Dorian!! Come up here and use some of those flies to catch the biggest fish you will ever see!!

the-olson-clan said...

Cute pictures! So I did it, I updated my blog...maybe I will do it again in another three months! ha! ha! So, thanks for inviting me to Rigby Lake, we had lots of fun!!

Becky N. said...

Happy Birthday, Dorian!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. And who knew someone could get so excited over having a fishing picture framed? Looks like you know your husband pretty well, lol.
And Wii Fit? I'm jealous. Still haven't found it for sale around me, yet.

April said...

Happy Birthday!! What a fun day! It looked like he was thrilled with everything.

You look so cute! I love your hair!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday! The pictures were fun to look at.

Lisa and Rustin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY DORIAN!
Melissa...LOVE YOUR HAIR!

And as I read your post...I initially thought...maybe the public won't see the pic because it's a sexy pic of you!! hee hee...then I read, maybe in the boys room...I was like...oooooh maybe not!

Kahana said...

Great pictures! I also thought maybe the picture was a sexy one too haha. I love your hair, its really cute! Happy Birthday to Dorian!

Rogers said...

Looks like it was a rockin' party!! Too bad we couldn't have been there. :0( Oh, and your gift turned out Awesome!! It looks really cool :0)

Jacy

Natalie said...

Looked like a fun party! It's a good thing our men are so oblivious when we hide presents right under their noses! ;) Let me know if you need to use my basement for hiding Christmas presents!

P.S. Tell Dorian to check my blog if he wants to watch Chris get tazed. He looks pretty dorky, but he feels proud of himself so that's what matters!

Laurie said...

You don't need to apologize for the pictures, they are fantastic! I love seeing the excitement on everyone's face! I like your hairstyle. Did you get a new cut or did you simply style it differently? So, so cute! You're boys are going to grow up thinking there isn't any girl in the whole world as pretty as their mom! It looks like you guys had a blast!

The Duckers said...

Laurie-
Same hairstyle, I just did it curly! :o)
Thanks for all the compliments!

Anonymous said...

Paul turns thirty next year and complains about it all the time! I'm four years younger than he is and he's always telling me how young I am. I guess it will give him four years to come up with a real great way to rub it in on the day that I turn thirty!

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see you guys have a blog! Now I can keep up with you when I move to Utah. And I had no idea it was Dorian's birthday this last week. Looks like that big picture is perfect!

Tara and Dan said...

Happy Birthday!! (I'm a little behind :). Looks like a great party! My hubby turned 30 this year, too. AND it looks like you love fly fishing as much as he does! It's crazy how fast the time goes- It still seems like we just got out of college. Here's to a wonderful NEXT 30 years!! :)