Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tripping and falling on a...



We went to get our pictures taken yesterday with my talented, super kind and best-est friend Lisa. We went to Rexburg and got out of the car and it was pretty windy. We decided to go to the greenhouse on campus first. While we were in there snapping some pictures, James tripped and fell on some Cacti. OUCH! He was like the Hyena from the Lion King, and we had to sit there and pull out the little spikes. He still has some stuck in there (like slivers) and I'm debating whether or not I should take him to the doctor or not. Poor little JD!

7 comments:

Becky N. said...

Oh no!!! Poor little guy- that's just awful!! Man... Melinda won't even let me take out a simple sliver without screaming bloody murder, how did you managed a whole lot of cactus spikes?!?

As much as I'm not one to run to the doctor, I might consider it more seriously in this case. There's a lot of potential for infections if there's a lot left that you can't see or get to. Hope he doesn't have any complications, though!

Erin S said...

OW!!! I like your comparison to the Lion King though, that's funny! Poor little guy, I hope he's doing better today. what are the chances he would fall on a cactus of all things??

Rogers said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but, what bad timing!!! During family picture?!?! I'm assuming you had to stop. Did you at least get some good ones?

BTW - No sign of Carson's shirt. It's not here.

The Duckers said...

Jacy-

We kept on going for about another hour or two. That was the first place we went for pictures, and hadn't gotten many yet. He'd forgotten about it soon enough.
Thanks for looking for the shirts. It always blows my mind! How do you lose a shirt???

Unknown said...

That's Murphy's Law for you! It's any wonder that so many people still keep having kids with all the stress they put us through at times. I hope he's OK, and if anything, try hydrogen peroxide on the slivers (I have a ton if you need any). I like to watch it bubble because it shows it's working! ;)

Natalie said...

The comment from Nathan is actually from me. My brother was logged in...I hate sharing computers!

Lisa and Rustin said...

hey...check my blog..I posted a couple pics..hope you don't mind!

poor James! =[