Monday, September 22, 2008

D and E ~ FISHING

Okay people. We're going to have to take this one day at a time because I've been gone for so long and I have so many posts to make. I just don't want to overwhelm myself.
This was a week before I left for Washington. Dorian's best friend Erik and his family Jodi, Luke and Mercedes came to visit. The kids and the mom's just kind of relaxed and went to a fun park one of the days while the hubbies went fishing. They had a great time and came home with some crazy stories about losing $20 sunglasses, and Dorian's whole fly box containing ALMOST his whole entire collection of flies. Don't even ask me how much money that was lost, but it had to have been AT LEAST $180!!! Way to go guys! At least I got some good laughs out of it.
Thanks for coming guys! We had fun with you.



Jodi helping the boys play with the leap frog


Luke


Carson


Erik. He's a pretty cool dude! :o)


Dorian


Erik's AWESOME cast


Erik's fish


Dorian and his fish


Another one

9 comments:

Tyler and Leslie said...

Hey you!! I had so much fun on our drive! It looks like I will most likely be here until Thursday, so maybe we could meet in IF. We'll see. I get my hair done tomorrow! YAY. I'll post pics. (I'm only writing this here because you said you check this more frequently!) Later, les

Lisa and Rustin said...

SWEET!

Kritta22 said...

How do you loose a box of fishing stuff?? Silly boys!

The Duckers said...

Drop it in the river while you're trying to get a fish in the net, and have your husband try to chase it down the river for a 1/2 a mile (blood in his mouth from running so hard) before finally realizing there's no way he'll get it now. Although he had a couple close grabs.
hmmm.....
silly boys is right!

Laurie said...

I can't believe you are not freaking out about the $$$$$$$ being lost. Oh maybe you have and now you're simply accepting the undeniable. You're a much better woman than I am either way! It looks like lots of fun. Sorry, I missed you when you stopped bye. I am really bummed about it.

Brittany said...

Looks like a boy's dream!

YAY!! Then I'll come pick you up at 7! :)

Tyler and Leslie said...

I'll talk to joyce about a car and meeting in IF tomorrow at 2. Call me tonight if you get this.
les

Natalie said...

Sorry I never called you back on Monday (I THINK that's when you called!). Anywho, the pics of the fam look great, though Dorian looks like he took the whole being one with nature a little too seriously with all the Old Man River facial hair he's sporting! ;)

I hope to see you at playgroup tomorrow at Kimber's so you can update us all a little more!

Becky N. said...

I don't get the draw of fishing, I really don't. Except for being out and about in nature. But there's so many ways to do that which don't involve fishing... sooooo, yeah. I still don't get it. But it looks like *they* enjoyed it, and that's what counts!

The picture in my head of chasing fishing gear is just hilarious. Especially since I had to do something similar this summer, when we went to play in a river. Jacob kept letting plastic shovels float away. It was a challenge to catch them in time, and we were in a shallow part of the river with lots of rocks to slow things down! I'm sure I must have looked like quite a sight. And I'm sure that Dorian looked even more entertaining during his chase. ;)