Monday, September 1, 2008

"LABOR" Day

Laborious

"Rocks in my Dryer" is having a cool little meme on her blog. She says: "In honor of Labor Day, it's about...well, labor. And not the kind you get a day off for, either".

* * * *

How long were your labors?

Kid #1: 10 hours. (First contractions to baby in arms)

Kid #2: 7 hours. (SAME)



How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1: Contractions starting

Kid #2: Contractions satrting

(Both Saturdays at 2:00am)

Where did you deliver?

Kid #1: Madison Memorial Hospital (Rexburg, ID)

Kid #2: Stevens Memorial Hospital (Edmonds, WA)

Drugs?

Nope. Completely drug free!!

C-section?

Nope

Who delivered?

Kid #1: Midwife (Lillian)

(Lillian Not pictured. But my Doula Kelly is there!)

Kid #2: For some reason I can't remember his name (Kevin something!), but he was the BEST doctor EVER!!!!



(both of my original doctors were on vacation when I went into labor!)

If you'd like to participate, I'd love to read your stories. Leave a comment if you do!!

16 comments:

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

I labored with Trinity for only a few hours...it was easy with the ephidural (yep, I'm all about the drugs!). Once I started pushing, she was out in 15 minutes. It was a very easy delivery. But the aftermath was extremely difficult.

Anonymous said...

here is my comment. I came, I read, I commented. Dad and I watched Zorro II last night. We both said the little boy reminded us of Carson. Hee Hee

Lisa and Rustin said...

Holy cow!! I looks scary in that pic!! But YOU look amazing!!! SO happy and glowing! =]

The Duckers said...

Lisa-

ICK! In Carson's birth pic I look HORRIBLE!

the-olson-clan said...

Cute idea! hope you have a great time in WA!

Anonymous said...

No drugs? Girl, are you crazy!? This is why I am still single, I am so scared of all this stuff.....that's what I tell myself anyway. You are amazing!

Rachel DeFreese said...

Sorry, that last one belongs to me, Rachel DeFreese, I am having struggles tonight.

Tara and Dan said...

No drugs??? Yikes. After having recently gone through labor, I have a profound respect for women who labor drug free. I was so happy when my epidural came- I told the anesthesiologist he was my hero :). My labor was about 20 hours long and I pushed a little over two hours in the end. I couldn't imagine doing that without an epidural. You go girl!

April said...

that was totally fun to read! You are so funny! I was catching up on your blog and LOVE your new family pictures! YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!! One hot mama you are! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember JD's labor! That was very different for me...I am so happy that I could be there for you though! I look wierd in that picture!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

The doctor that delivered J.D is Dr. Kevin Herron from Mill Creek Family Practice. Right? LOL Cute story - cuter kids! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

You're so brave to go drug-free! I'm not even close to being able to do that!

The Duckers said...

THANK YOU KAROLYN!!!

The Miles Family said...

I just searched for Whitney Boden's photography site and she doesn't have it anymore (unless she changed it.) I don't have her number either, so I will track that down and give it to you.

Laurie said...

Wow! You are amazing! Carson is adorable about spelling and it will be fun when he starts spelling words so that James doesn't know what he is telling you! What a cutie pie! I agree with Lisa...glowing happy mommy! So precious...and a little tuckered out.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! What a great idea for a meme.