Saturday, March 8, 2008

THE KITCHEN & MORE (tagged by Becky)

gf




What three kitchen items do you use the most often?
Cheese grater, Can opener, Griddle

What kitchen gadget do you wish you had?
George Foreman Grill

What kitchen gadget do you never use/wish you hadn't spent the money for?
I'd have to agree with Becky and say the sandwich maker. At most it gets used 2 times a year, but that's pushing it.

What is your favorite cookbook?
The Ducker Family Recipes

Who is your cooking inspiration?
Dorian, Joni and Whitney. Same as Becky's reasons....they can throw ANYTHING into a pot and come out with a really yummy meal. No recipe or measurements needed!!!
BUT.... my Mom is the casserole queen! I can ALWAYS enjoy a great and yummy casserole!

What are the three most important items on your spice rack?
Oregano, Rosemary (if I make spaghetti a lot) and tied between parsley, garlic salt/powder and thyme.

What are three recipes that you use all the time?
Dinners:
Creamed Tacos, Chicken Pockets and Whitney's Potato Salad
Desserts:
Apple Dumplings, Cheesecake, Apple Crisp

Can you share a cooking secret?
The crockpot can be your best friend

What is your greatest cleaning secret?
spray Zout w/oxy clean. Put Oxy clean powder on top. Spray Zout again. Rub into stain. Let sit for 1/2 a day. THIS WILL REMOVE ANY STAIN!!! Including baby poop, grass stains, grease and blood! :o)

What is your favorite thing to clean?
Laundry!!! I feel powerful when I watch the piles shrink. I just hate that the same night you put dirty clothes in the hamper again. That ruins it all. It's never ending. Oh well....looks like I'll feel powerful for a long time to come!!

What is your least favorite thing to clean?
Sweep and mop. I always enlist Dorian to help me with that. :o)

What is your most embarrassing housekeeping moment?
I've never heard of an embarrassing housekeeping moment!?!? I must be a pro!!

Who do you tag to do this next?
Laurie, April and Erin

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I don't get how tags work. I'm confused. you'll have to explain that one to me.

April said...

That was fun to read... I am not sure how I would respond to those questions!! By the way... I remember us going to sew together... that was fun back in the day! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you...I noticed the blog before reading the email. Pretty on top of things eh? I think maybe you were schoomizing
(-sp) me with that reply of casseroles. It's funny both you girls didn't use a sandwich maker, but a very enlightening survey.

The Duckers said...

NOPE the casserole thing is 100% true!!
Love you and your casseroles!!
-M

Tara and Dan said...

Ew. Laundry DOES suck. And, I haven't even had my baby yet! I know it will only get worse :). BUT, I'd rather do a load of laundry over scrubbing the toilet any day!

Kimberly said...

I loved reading this. It is always nice to see peoples cooking secrets and stuff. I am defintely going to try the stain removing technique. I am awful with stains!I must say i have never used rosemary! And i agree the sandwich maker is nice in theory, but really who i going to pull that out everyday?

April said...

Are you going to update your blog soon! I'm waiting.... heehee! :) I like to see what you come up with next!

Laurie said...

I'm ready for some new stuff! I miss you so much. Sorry about that crazy call the other day. I am so mental sometimes.