Thursday, October 23, 2008

~My Mom~ 10.23

It is my mom's birthday today. She turned 54 today. I am going to do what my sisters Jacy and Megan did and list 26 reasons why I am so grateful for my mom. (26 because that is how old I am.)



1. She always reminds me to pray when I'm having a hard time.
2. She's a stellar example when it comes to going to the temple
3. She taught me that it's important to have regular dates with the hubby
4. She loved and accepted Dorian before I even fell in love with him
5. She has an amazing testimony, and in turn, helps me want to have one of my own
6. She blows my mind that she has raised/is raising 6 kids
7. She was always there for me when I procrastinated, and would spend hours at night helping me type my report (she's WAY faster than me.)
8. Then she would make sure I knew how stupid it was to procrastinate
9. She supported me when I played volleyball
10. And when I participated in Track and Field
11. And choir
12. And band
13. We share a passion for TWILIGHT!! How could you not love that about somebody?
14. She's always there to listen to me when I cry
15. She always gives me advice at how I can make something better. Once she gave me the best advice anybody had EVER given me, and even my husband is grateful for that! (it got me off his back)
16. She understood how much of a social person I am and let me be with my friends a lot
17. She has given me some of the BEST casserole recipes ever
18. I think she spoils me sometimes :o)
19. I'm her favorite daughter even though she'll never admit it. I know this because she rubs my feet
20. She would always tickle my back in sacrament meeting, or let me lay my head on her lap or shoulder
21. She still loves me even though I was such a horrible teenage daughter
22. She sets a good example of what I SHOULDN'T be watching on TV
23. She came to visit when I had Carson and tried to help me....he was a really fussy baby
24. She came to my apartment in Washington after I had James to make me dinner and help/visit with me. It was really nice. I think I had a bit of postpartum depression.
25. She took care of me when I was bit by a dog (16 stitches), had my tonsils and adenoids removed and when I got my wisdom teeth taken out
26. She would always bring me my lunch when I forgot it, or would come and pick me up from school if I had cramps. (you can't ask for more than that!)

Thanks Mom and Happy Birthday!!!


ps.
don't you just love how we copied you jacy?!?!

3 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh you are so sweet! Happy Birthday Mama Wilcox!! (I hope that's her last name!)

Anonymous said...

You may of copied your sister's idea, but I am really touched and awed by all the things you say. I think maybe I am a bit like my Mom and don't realize what I've done, or how you all feel about it. Thank You so much for the amazing warmth I feel inside right now. I think I need to copied and paste all these blogs and keep for a record and future reading.

Rogers said...

I *DO* like how you copied me. I was worried that it would be too long (longer than yours and Megan's but not by much I guess). I was fun to read what you guys came up with.