Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our Conference Set-Up

Carson's sunbeams teacher made a goodie bag for conference. He could hardly contain his excitement, and would ask everyday when he would get to open it. Inside were the following things:
- 3 coloring pages. 2 of Jesus and one of "I will follow the Prophet."
- Popcorn
- Kool-aid although they had to compromise with apple juice. I didn't have a whole cup of sugar....WEIRD!
- CANDY! (tootsie rolls, suckers, fruit snacks, a honey oatmeal snack bar, an airhead, and dots)
- An I am a Child of God sticker
- A picture of Jesus and the Children

This bag was a great Idea. I put the table in the living room in front of the TV and told them that we had to sit there and be quiet for 2 whole hours and listen to the prophet and the apostles speak. JD and Carson did so good! I was impressed. With 25 minutes to go they started struggling with sitting there, but I wold say on the whole, it was a success! Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do about tomorrow. Maybe I'll have to stop at walmart on the way home from work tonight. Dorian won't even BELIEVE this!!! :o)

8 comments:

Kritta22 said...

What great boys you have!! Try play dough...it would keep me happy for two hours!!

Lisa and Rustin said...

Sweet set up!!

Anonymous said...

What a smart teacher. And...what a sweet little family. I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. Thanks for being such a good mom, Melissa. Those boys are so blessed. Love...Mom

Ulrich Family said...

That's awesome. I might have to steal that idea.

Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing the awesomeness of Carson's primary teacher. A very clever idea, and I even love the play dough idea that was also mentioned! Also, thanks for showing up the rest of us moms! I just let Seth play while I listened to it on the radio at my home while doing the dishes, then I let him play around while watching it at my parent's house and folded laundry! It looks like tomorrow I'm going to have to do better!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm totally impressed. That was pretty amazing for any young children. I probably had more trouble with my teenagers. Yuck.

Becky N. said...

I took a hint from you and made up our table with painting supplies for the last session of conference. Alas, it made me hear *less* than just sending them to a different room to play. I was constantly getting new rinsing water for their paint brushes, or new sheets of paper to paint, or having to answer questions or demands.

In short: Sheesh, you're lucky, getting so much quiet time out of those little kits!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome--way to go all of you!