Monday, June 2, 2008

6 year Anniversary

On the 31st it was our 6 year wedding anniversary. We got a babysitter and she came and picked them up at noon. We finished cleaning the house, and then we went golfing. This was probably the highlight of my day. It was only my second time going, and I'm not going to lie. For a beginner, I'm not too shabby! I got a couple of bogies and I had a blast.
Then we came home and got ready and left for Idaho Falls. We went to dinner at The Cellar. It was really good, and it was fun spoiling ourselves. Then we left to see Indiana Jones. It was a good movie but I don't like it as much as I liked the other ones.
We had our friends Rocky and Andrea come to our house and watch the kids overnight. WE went and stayed at Le Ritz. It was so nice to be alone for a whole day. It was a much needed get away, and was really refreshing.
I wanted to post wedding pictures of us from 6 years ago, but I don't have my printer/scanner set up. Kinda of a bummer. Oh well. These pictures will have to do, and maybe we'll get wedding ones posted next year. :o)

Dorian swinging

This was my ball on my second stroke. Good huh?

Me putting

Dorian putting

Me swinging. Remember! I'm a beginner!

dinner

The happy couple.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice. what a great wife to go golfing on an anniversary! I'm so glad you got away. It is good for a marriage. Dallis has been thinking of calling you about his prom night, on the 31st. love you...and congrats on 6 years.

Kritta22 said...

Congrats! Way to spoil yourself's!! Good work with the golf. You guys are so cute!!

Heidi said...

Congrats on 6 years!!! Sounds like a fun date! That's cool you got to stay overnight with no kids. Good for you guys. :)

Lisa and Rustin said...

YAY! 6 years can you believe it?!?!? CRAZY!
You look amazing as usual!


I think I have a pic of you two...I will look...

Lisa and Rustin said...

hey...check your email...I found some pics!

Becky N. said...

Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like you had a great time. Thinking of overnight trips is a fantasy for me, these days! (And way to go on your uber beginning golfing! I've never been, and I think I'd be terrible.)

Rogers said...

I remembered your anniversary every leading up to and even after the 31st, but forgot on the actual day. I'm such a lousy sister!!! Happy belated Anniversary!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I'm glad you had a good time and got some quite time to yourselves. Love ya :)

The Duckers said...

Mom, I was actually the one dying to go golfing! Just as I wanted to pick up the sport, Dorian moved on to fishing! Go figure!!

It really was a blast to be out there having fun. I think we'll go again soon.

Kahana said...

How fun!!! What a great way to celebrate :) By the way i love your shirt in that last picture!

The Perkes Family said...

Congratulations! That sounds like a really fun anniversary. Getting away without kids...what a fantasy. Hope you enjoyed every minute!