Friday, June 13, 2008

A Doctor Visit

I worked this morning. Dorian drove up with the kids, and we made the swap. Dorian let me know that Carson said that he had put an eraser up his nose and that he couldn't blow it out. Dorian had said that he couldn't see anything and that it was probably nothing. "It would work itself out."
HA
I had a look up his nose, and I could see a bit of eraser, and I tried to get him to blow it out, but hardly any air would come out as he was trying. His eye was also watering quite a bit as he was trying to blow it out. I asked him if he put the whole eraser in his nose, and he said that he had bit off a piece and put it in because he was trying to get the paper out that he had stuck in there. We were at the mall (that's where we met) and the doctor's office was just around the corner, so I told Dorian I was going. He REALLY advised me not to.
We got to the doctor, paid the $20 co-pay (ERR) and sat down to wait. We were called back 5 minutes later and the doctor had a look at his nose. He pulled out all of the utensils and went to work. He pulled out 2 pieces of eraser and then saw more. He then had to dig deep and he pulled out a wad of paper. Pretty big I thought! Then there was one more piece of eraser.
ALL CLEANED OUT!!!!
When I got home I realized that I had the camera in my purse the whole time, and could've gotten a picture of the debris on the gauze!!! SORRY GUYS (i know you were just dying to see). I'm just glad that all is well. ($20 later)

6 comments:

Becky N. said...

Geeze! I'm so glad (KNOCK ON WOOD) that my kids have never stuck anything up their noses! Glad you got it taken care of. It would have been rotten for him to be in pain/discomfort from all of that up his nose, and maybe even have it get infected.

Kritta22 said...

I used to put raisins up my SISTER's nose. And pretty much anything I could talk her into! My mom begin a pro at nose-digging! LOL

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting the intuition/inspiration that Mom's have? Remember when Megan got meningitis and Dad thought we should wait until the doctor's office opened in the morning to have her checked out? After we got to the emergency room we were told that many parents wait too long to bring in the kids and they die. I'll always be grateful for that bit of prompting by the Holy Ghost. Good for you. What did Carson say about the whole thing?

Lisa and Rustin said...

oh OUCH!
that's too funny!
poor lil'guy!

did you get your package yet?

The Duckers said...

Mom-
Yeah, it's nice to feel like I KNOW when my child needs more attention that myself. That story IS so crazy about Megan. I remember it all.
Carson just said he was sorry, "He didn't know." He said he won't do it again. He also said it hurt a little when they pulled the stuffing/paper out. He sort of did the cough-gag thing.

Lisa-
NO! I haven't gotten it yet. I was so excited to check my door step when I got home from work today. I'll keep watching out for it! As soon as I get it, I'll send the check out.
THANKS AGAIN!

Tyler and Leslie said...

So that is hilarious. I am sitting here giggling to myself. Kids are too funny. One time Easton stuck a ton of corn kernals up his nose and was sneezing them out all evening. Oh these are the moments that make me charish my job as mom, the funny moments.
les