Sunday, June 8, 2008

GRANNY+PAPA=Books+Surprises

Lately when granny has visited us she has brought a book for everyday that she's here. Unfortunately she wasn't able to come this trip, but Papa did, and she didn't fail the kids one bit!!! They are actually a little bit spoiled.
Here are some pictures of the surprises and books that they got this trip around.

SURPRISES: Rocks from Melissa Terry. She picked these up in Cabo San Lucas. (The boys have a rock collection). The other surprise was from Papa. He found sticks and wood for the boys on the beach in Cabo. Carson and James were so excited to have them!



The other surprise was a fishing rod and reel and a net, with a bunch of fish. The rod and the fish are magnetic. They thought this was a great gift.



Here are the books that they got. They just love reading all of their new books! I think I need to add an extra shelves to closet to store more book! The kids now know their Granny as: "THE BOOK GRANNY!"



This is a video of them waiting for their books. Carson is a little sneak and had a little look in Papa suitcase downstairs and KNEW that there were more books to come. :o) He's too smart for his own good.

7 comments:

Lisa and Rustin said...

where the video?
Such a cute idea for them to do! Your boys are too cute!

April said...

That is so fun! What a great idea... those books look fun to read! How have you been doing?

Becky N. said...

I don't see the video either, but it sounds cute!! Get it in there, I wanna see!!

That's so much fun for the boys, I'm sure. Grandma Newson likes to give books to my kids, too, although certainly not every day. And you know, I still have a stick I found on a beach once, what a neat treasure to get from a grandpa!

Anonymous said...

that's a lot of books. How fun. You have the best in-laws! You are very lucky. I know they love you.

The Duckers said...

THE VIDEO WASN'T WORKING!! I'll be trying again today and EVERYDAY until it works!! For now, I guess you'll just have to keep on checking back! :o)

Heidi said...

What fun surprises! Isn't it funny that they get excited over sticks and rocks?! It's great. :)

Laurie said...

where's the video? I would love to see it of course. Your boys are so cute and I thought that JD was holding a rotten banana at first! I'm so happy it is a stick instead. Have fun with all the new books. I love new books! What a fantastic way to celebrate a visit.