Friday, November 7, 2008

~GOODNIGHT MOM~ A MUST READ

I read this on one of my best friends blog. I fell in *LOVE* with it the moment I read it. I feel like this often, and I thought it was so good that it deserved a space on my blog!

ENJOY!


Goodnight Mom

In the messy green family room
There was a telemarketer ringing on the telephone
And a crying toddler because his brother just popped his red balloon
And a picture of--

The cow jumping over the moon
(which someone colored on with permanent marker)
And there was a missing teddy bear, and a girl with gum in her hair

And one to be scolded
And laundry to be folded
And a very hungry spouse
And something stinky in the house
(that no one else seemed to smell)

And a comb and a brush and a colicky baby who just won't shush
And a frazzled mommy screaming #*%#@

Goodnight messy room
Goodnight scribbled on moon
Goodnight cow getting out while she can
Goodnight telemarketers
And the popped balloon

Goodnight long-gone teddy bear
Goodnight cereal bar smeared all over the dining room chair

Goodnight spit up
And goodnight leaky sippy cup
Goodnight much-too-little house
And goodnight grumpy spouse
Goodnight comb and goodnight brush
And goodnight to a certain 4-year-old who just needs to hush right now I mean it

Goodnight Elmo
Goodnight toys we'll pick up tomorrow, or the next day
Goodnight noises everywhere

Hello ice cream and TiVo--
"Me" time finally

6 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Awesome! Sooo creative!

Natalie said...

That's a lot like how I felt yesterday!

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't live up to the illusion of motherhood!

I get after myself a lot about how much I should be doing because I'm not doing enough. Glad I'm not alone!

Erin S said...

HAHA, so true!!!

Anonymous said...

that is truly funny and true.
fly safe today.

The Taylor's said...

I am sure glad you feel this way too. I just told cory that he gets the kids tomorrow morning and they better not bug me or else.... we'll see how it goes!

Laurie said...

I'm tagging you. You need to find your fifth picture in your fifth folder and post it and tell about it. and then title it I've been tagged. Love ya!