Thursday, December 25, 2008

Red Paint

About a week ago my friend Lynsey called up and asked what the color of Red was called that we painted our dining room walls with. I told her it was called Theater Red and that we got it a Sherwin-Williams. She said she would be painting a board, and she really liked the type of red in our house, and thought it would be the perfect color.
I told her that we still had some leftover, but I wasn't exactly sure where it was, and if it was any good. If it was in the garage it was probably frozen. I told her I would get back to her about it, and have Dorian look for it.
Well, every time I had Dorian look, he was in a hurry to get out the door, until finally I needed to look and I wasn't waiting for Dorian ANY longer! I went in the garage and found it up high on a shelf. I stepped up onto a 5 gallon bucket to get the paint. When I stepped off my ankle twisted and I fell on to my wrist and knees. Don't forget we pregnant gals are oh so graceful! :o)
My first thought when this happened, was "great I just broke my ankle (it hurt pretty bad) and I'm going to be the pregnant girl who has to walk around in a cast." The pain was gone 5 minute later....EXCEPCT for my wrist. That hurt for a few days. A week later and I'm practically healed.

Here's the wrist:




Now, what in the world was she making that she needed this red paint for and caused me an injury?






What a wonderful surprise. I've actually always wanted a board like this, I've just been too lazy to make one myself. Thanks Lynsey for the AMAZING gift! I love it and I had such a blast hanging out with you guys on Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice friends you have. I just got off the phone with Dorian and he was telling me about how much he likes Nate and Lindsey and how nice they are. You are all very lucky...Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay after the fall. It is scary sometimes, while expecting, to do something we later realize was stupid.

Laurie said...

you poor clumsy girl! I love that it was for a gift for you guys...that just makes the story all that more perfect! I am so happy that you guys have such great friends! ps. the train blog is awesome! I get a kick out of Carson! Oh, and the stockings...I'm not sure how much fur I have left. I would have to buy more...and I am feeling really burnt out of the sewing business right now, but if you ask again in a couple months I probably wouldn't mind... Love ya!

Kritta22 said...

how's the wrist now?? I was horribly clumsy when I was prego!! LOL So funny!