Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day TWO at Island Park

Day 2 at the cabin we woke up and played more of Rock Band. The game got turned on at about 10:00am and didn't get shut of until somewhere around 2:00 am. The boys really enjoyed getting a turn at playing the drums. It was a lot of fun for them. They they went out into the snow. Snow shoes were practically required if you wanted to get anywhere before dying of exhaustion! The cabin next door had a little slide and swing set. Dorian and the boys hiked over and played around there for a little bit. Finally the boys came inside. They had snow everywhere there shouldn't have been snow, and they were so cold! WE were able to get them warmed up and feed them lunch. While they were out I had stared making Chocolate gooey butter cookies. We got this recipe from Paula Deen on the Food Network Channel. They are so easy to make and so yummy. All the cookies were gone before I could get the next batch out. Poor Carson and James only got one. But hey....better guaranteed sleep right?!? Who needs all that chocolate?





CHOCOLATE GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES
1 PKG Chocolate cake mix (we like dark)
8 oz PKG crm. Cheese
1 stick butter
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
*Powdered Sugar

Cream together butter and crm cheese. Add egg. Give a quick beat. Add vanilla and Cake mix. Mix together. Refrigerate covered for 2 HOURS! Roll into walnut sized balls. Roll into powdered sugar. Bake @ 350 for about 10 minutes.



Later that night after dinner we had a battle of the bands. There were about 14 people there and we were divided up into 5 bands. For those of you who haven't heard of Rock band we had a singer, guitarist and drummer in each band. In my band there was My friend Becky, Allison and Me. I named our band BAM! Keep in mind these bands were randomly picked. All the bands had 10 minutes to practice whatever song they wanted to play. When Dorian's team practiced they earned a lot more points than all the other teams had earned. At this point I realized that I would be playing more for fun than to actually win. This was a bummer because I am quite competitive. When my team got up to play our song, we actually picked a song that we hadn't played all of the way through. I couldn't pay attention to ANYTHING besides what notes I needed to be playing, and when to use my star power. Half way through the song I started to hear my singer get excited, and then Dorian stated saying, "WOW! You guys have to come check this out!" (to the people who weren't watching). When the song was over I looked up at our score it said 450,000!!!!!! This was 200,000 more than Dorian's band had scored during their practice. Well, my band ended up winning battle of the bands that night. It was a lot of fun, and it's always a little bit more fun for me when I win too! My band played through the song one more time at the end of the night, and that's what the last picture is all about! It's our score the second time playing the song.
It was a fun weekend, and we're hoping to be able to do it again sometime. We'll probably even go at least once in the summer so the guys can go fishing while we enjoy the outdoors. I'm sure Carson and James would love it too, and from what I hear the field outside the cabin is great frog hunting grounds.


























0 comments: