Monday, February 18, 2008

Rexburg Temple

Rexburg, Idaho

On Friday the 15th we were able to go to my friend Jen's sealing. Her and her husband and their little 2 year old boy were able to be sealed together as a family. She is due to have a little girl on March 4th, and this was such an exciting night for them, filled with the spirit. I was so grateful to be able to witness them being sealed together forever. It really was such a great experience. I'd have to say that going to a sealing has got to be one of my favorite things to do in the temple. AND YES!! I did cry. :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, Melissa. How nice to have a new temple close. Which one is closer, and do you have memories which pull you to the Idaho Falls temple?

The Duckers said...

The Rexburg on is maybe a tiny bit closer? But we're really right in between. The Idaho Falls Temple is just so familiar so that's a plus. Also I THINK (?) our stake is supposed to go to the Idaho Falls Temple.
TO REALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, I think I have more memories that would pull me to the Rexburg temple. Being able to go to the open house with my family was a really great blessing. Also being able to attend my friend's sealing was GREAT.
We'll see I guess. :o)

Becky N. said...

It looks like a beautiful temple. I would *love* to have the opportunity to take my young kids to a temple open house. I'll just have to keep waiting, I guess!

How nice that you got to go to your friend's sealing, that must have been really special!

Laurie said...

What a special experience! I loved the sealing rooms in the Rexburg temple...so much beauty and peace! You're such a good friend to so many people. Love ya!

Trevor and Kimmie said...

Is that really a picture of the Rexburg Temple? Isn't there snow? Very cute posts, Melissa!

April said...

That is so great that you got to go in! I wish I was there to see it in person... someday Scott and I will return to see all the improvements to our great town of Rexburg!

The Miles Family said...

Yeah Melissa! I was so excited to see that you have a blog. We recently made one. The address is:
joshmilesfamily@blogspot.com
How did your shopping go at Porter's the other night?

Cam and Chelle said...

I tagged you on my recent quirks post... hope you're having a great day!