Friday, February 15, 2008

VALENTINES EVENING

Dorian had to work the morning of Valentine's Day. Luckily he wasn't scheduled to work that evening! I was dying to have a date. It's been so long since the last one. He got home from work and got ready to go out. Our babysitter who we love and adore, Nancy (Carson calls her "FANCY NANCY"), showed up to watch the kids and we were off. We had to drive separate cars, because Dorian had a soccer game at 10:30. Right before we got in our cars Dorian asked, "Where do you want to eat?" I said that I really didn't care. We decided on Plum Loco, a Mexican restaurant. We were excited because we didn't think we'd have a very long wait at a mexican restaurant. Well, I followed Dorian, and we pulled up to Ruby River Steak house. I got out of the car and asked Dorian if he had tricked me, and he said he had. Although I was so happy to be surprised, I had really gotten excited to shovel mexican food into my mouth. Dorian had said that he had to pull a few strings to get us a reservation. I was just happy to only have to wait 10 minutes!!!!

We exchanged cards and gifts while we waited for our food. I got a funny card from Dorian, and it may be my most favorite card yet! He also got me a diamond necklace! What a wonderful surprise!!! I got Dorian a gift card to Sportsman's Warehouse, and he couldn't be happier. He's really looking forward to getting more fly fishing junk! Or at least that's what I like to call it!!

After we ate we stopped at Lowe's. Dorian's friend Tyler works there, and anytime they have damaged drywall they sell it for $1 a sheet, instead of the $8 an sheet. We packed up 17 pieces. We are going to start collecting a bunch of them so when we're ready to finish the basement we won't have to factor in the price for drywall!

Then we were off to the Movies! We went and saw Jumper. I thought it was really great, and I really enjoyed the movie. Dorian gave it a 7.5 or an 8, but it's a movie I would like to own. We stopped by Carino's to kill a little time before Dorian had to be at soccer. Then I went home and let Nancy finally go home! We are so grateful to have a babysitter that WANTS to come watch our kids. And the kids just adore her!

I had a fantastic night!! The best part was, Dorian and I just don't go on enough dates, and it was just so nice to be able to spend some time with the husband! I couldn't ask for more than that!





10 comments:

Cam and Chelle said...

Don't you love it when our Hubby's work it! We are having our Valentine's date tonight! Can't wait!

Becky N. said...

Sounds like a lovely evening. :) I am a little bit jealous! Jesse and I are eager to get out on a date, but I'm having trouble figuring out who to ask for babysitting. Is it awful that I don't trust any YW aged kids to do it? I remember people always told me I was their best babysitter....but now I realize how completely naive I was about actually taking care of kids at that age. Would have lost my head if anything went wrong. And of course, all the adults I know and trust also have several kids of their own, and I don't want to burden them with more. It's a pickle. Times like this you really wish you had some family close by!

P.S - I *totally* would have preferred the mexican over the steakhouse, LOL! But then, we eat stake a lot, but never have a chance to eat Mexican. All the hispanics out here seem to be in the landscaping business instead of running restaurants! :(

April said...

That is one gorgeous necklace... that was so thoughtful of him! I bet you were so excited. Sounds like the evening went well! Happy to hear how much fun you had. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...is this a "journey" necklace? I've seen them advertized. How exciting. You look soooo happy!

The Duckers said...

I think it came from Samuel's???
Who knows, but I love it!

The Duckers said...

I'm a dork! It says Jensen Jewelers right on the box. The reason I wrote Samuel's is because that's the jewelers I always walk by. It's right by my work. i love to gawk in their windows. When Dorian had told me he got it from Jensen's, I was trying to picture if that was the one by my work. What exactly is a journey's necklace anyway?? haha

Laurie said...

Very sweet! I got two gallons of bare paint and free labor for 1 day. It rocked...probably not as romantic, but...you know me...to impatient for romance. who took the pictures for you guys?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited that you got a BEAUTIFUL necklace!!!! It's gorgeous :)

Steve was soooooo sweet and got me the Twilight trilogy!! The only problem was that I had already gotten it for myself while the kids were out of school because of the snow. But I guess it's my fault I got the duplicates, because I didn't tell Steve I got myself the books. Oh, well!! Live and learn!!

By the way, I love your blog page. Lots of cute pictures. Great job!!!

Jacy

The Perkes Family said...

I am glad you had a fun date! I love those kind of nights...especially the ones that end in diamond necklaces! :)

Tara and Dan said...

Great brownie points Dorian! :)
I love that necklace- I'll bet it looks beautiful on. What a fun night!