Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Update:

I went to the Doctor today. I am dilated to a ONE but still NOT EFFACED WHATSOEVER! He gave me the option to get induced tomorrow....SEEMS CRAZY!! I wouldn't even be late! I told him that I was hoping to go at least 7-10 days overdue BEFORE we set a date or anything. He seemed perfectly happy about that. He's pretty positive that he'll be seeing me next Tuesday.


Interesting FACTS:
I went into labor with Carson and James on a Saturday at 2:00am. Both times my doctors were out of town, and I got the on call doctor. Only fitting that I have this baby on Saturday seeing that my doctor will be out of town and well, it's a Saturday!! :o) But in all honesty, I hope he will be able to deliver my baby. He said no way am I having the baby this weekend. Hmmm....
Last time someone (my Mom) told me there was no way I was having the baby.....I had the baby!

So....here's to another week! :o)
I was really hoping to NOT have to get ready for church again.

9 comments:

James, Megan, LaLayn and Taydan said...

Well thats good that you started dialating. You must have a really nice doctor if he was willing to start you tomarrow. My doctors wouldnt have even asked me.

Kimmie said...

Ugggg. I'm sorry she isn't here yet...more for me than for you because I really want to know what her name is!!

Kritta22 said...

That is sooo interesting that both your boys were the same! :)
Come on baby girl Ducker! You can do it!

Cam and Chelle said...

Bummer! I was SURE there would be a baby pic this morning! I'll check in again on Saturday!! Good luck!

Natalie said...

Sigh. Think of it this way, though. At least you have a few more days until midnight feedings and one poopy diaper after another!

Becky N. said...

Is your doctor God?
I'm assuming your answer is no. If so, then there is NO WAY ON EARTH does he have the right to say that there is "no way" you're going to have the baby this weekend. He simply can't know that for sure.

Remember - you can have an effaced, partially dilated cervix for WEEKS and still not go into labor. Also true is that you can go from 0 dilation and no effacement to having baby overnight.

Glad your doctor isn't pushing for induction right away. You know this, I'm preaching to the choir, but your baby knows when the time is right.

Still, this late stage of pregnancy IS uncomfortable. You know how crazy with waiting I got with Alex going over his due date. ;) I truly hope you don't have to wait another week.

And ummmm.... remember that semen is good hormonally/chemically for ripening a cervix. ;) ;)

Juliann said...

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday! I'm sorry you aren't dilated. That is always the most frustrating thing for me. You are a good woman to turn down the option for being induced. I'd leap at that opportunity.
-Juliann

Amber said...

So close but yet so far! Almost there!

Jo said...

Oh man! I bet your SO ready to have that baby! Good luck with everything...I can't wait to see some cute little girl pics SOON!